You are sending a link to...
Introducing Our 2012 Help A Sister Out Campaign
Help A Sister Out: Giving Back to Causes Women Care About
This spring, Middle Sister is proud to partner with food banks across the country to help our sisters and their families. Middle Sister’s Help A Sister Out Campaign has pledged to donate a minimum of $15,000 to food bank charities nationally — and you can help.
Hunger shouldn't be a women’s issue, but more women and children go hungry than any other demographic group in the United States.
- More than 1-in-3 single mothers struggle to feed their children.
- More than 1-in-7 families report at least one family member who doesn’t get enough to eat on a regular basis.
- 17 million children live in households that experience regular food shortages.
- More than 1 million children regularly go to bed hungry in the US.
Government reports show a startling increase in the number of families struggling to put food on the table. We think about dropping a few cans into the donation barrels during the holidays, but it’s a daily reality for far too many. Food banks are a lifeline for more than 37 million Americans each year, including 14 million children and 3 million seniors.
Support Help A Sister Out: Sign Up And Win!
For every new newsletter sign-up this May and June, Middle Sister Wines will donate an additional $1 to food banks around the country. Plus, by being a subscriber to our newsletter, you’ll automatically be entered into several drawings throughout 2012 to win some seriously fabulous prizes, including this Kate Spade Handbag and a trip to the 2nd Annual Wine Sisterhood Gathering in 2013!
Get Your Girlfriends Involved And Have Some Fun!
Turn your next girlfriend gathering into a food donation drive to “help a sister out.” Enjoy a glass or two of Middle Sister wine, a laugh with your friends – and support a worthy cause by helping women put food on the table for their families. Here’s how:
- Find your local food bank.
- Let them know you’re planning to gather donations. Be sure to ask if the food bank has any specific needs at that time.
- Pick a date and send invitations to your favorite gal pals! Let them know you’re having a fun get together with a purpose!
- Ask each guest to bring food to donate, and provide a list of foods that are acceptable or unacceptable for donation.
- Stock up on your Middle Sister Wines to share with your guests!
- Make sure you provide food for your guests too! No one should go hungry - especially at a party!
Here are some party ideas to make celebrating a good cause even more fun, compliments of Middle Sister and the brilliant women of The Wine Sisterhood: